Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chain of Fools - the Wine List Version

As I stated in my main post below, I avoid chain restaurants like I avoid poisonous snakes, grizzly bears and people who haven't bathed lately, but I found myself in a regional one last night for Happy Hour.

I should have taken copious notes, but the following wines stuck out for their complete lack of reason on the price points. 

Columbia Crest Two Vines Cabernet and Chardonnay - $26/$6.50 on the wine list, routinely available in the supermarket for $5.99.

Red Diamond Merlot - $28/$7 on the wine list, routinely available in the supermarket for $6.99.



Only fools order wine off the wine list in chain restaurants, even if they've made the mistake of going there to begin with. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. And then there's the restaurants that carry the old standby Santa Margherita and charge $50 for an uninspired wine, when there's far better versions from Oregon and Italy that cost far less! Let's see you put some effort into that wine list.

    ReplyDelete