Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Off To California - First Update

This morning I endured the Transportation Safety Administration security checkpoint so I could hop on an uncomfortable Horizion regional jet for a flight to Oakland, where I'm being picked up by my daughter who lives in Sonoma.  Lots of activities are planned for the next few days and I'll keep the blog updated, hopefully including pics of the dinner for 24 we're having Sunday at Napa Valley Wine and Cigar.

I'm just glad the 450-pound Sumo wrestler who kept crowding me at the security checkpoint didn't end up as my seat mate in those narrow CRJ seats.  Pretty lumpy on climb-out and on the approach to Oakland.

Simply astounding how much fruit is still hanging on the vines, and so far I've only driven through Carneros on the way to my daughter's after another fun visit with Carrie and Mr. Mac 'n' Cheese at Napa Valley Wine and Cigar.  Turned out to be a nice day here in NoCal.  More to come.

1 comment:

  1. Have a fabulous time, take lots of pictures, and know that you will be missed more than you can know.

    ReplyDelete